The Current Status of the South Cobb Drive Study
- The second Public Information Open House Meeting was held on February 7, 2017 at the Wolfe Center from 5 pm to 8 pm.
- Ward 5 Public Information Meeting held on December 8, 2016.
- Smyrna Area Council of the Cobb Chamber of Commerce Quarterly Meeting held on November 3, 2016.
- Smyrna Fall Jonquil Festival held October 22, 2016.
- First Public Information Open House (PIOH) meeting held on October 18, 2016.
- Cumberland Transfer Center (CTC)/Marietta Transfer Center (MTC) Transit Surveys held on October 14, 2016.
- Smyrna Food Truck Tuesday held on September 27, 2016.
Summaries of Public Outreach Sessions:
- Smyrna Food Truck Tuesday
- October 18th PIOH
- CTC/MTC Transit Surveys
- Smyrna Fall Jonquil Festival
- Smyrna Area Council of Cobb Chamber of Commerce
- Cumulative Summary of 1st Round of Public Feedback
- February 7th PIOH (incl. Summary of 2nd Round of Public Feedback)
Programmed improvements are existing projects within the limits of the corridor study that are currently in the design or construction phase and are independent of this study.
The Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) has approved funds for the construction of a HAWK (High-intensity Activated crossWalK) beacon Pedestrian Signal on South Cobb Drive to mitigate pedestrian accidents along the corridor. Below is a rendering of what the HAWK signal will look like once constructed within the next year.